Take that, sucker!
Sometimes ideas are too cool not to share.
We saw this in an old craft magazine and decided to try it ourselves for the upcoming Valentine's Day festivities. A trial run proved it to be a fabulously fun, easy, and of course, tasty idea.
You simply melt hard candies on a cookie sheet and make your own little sweet work of art.
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cover a cookie sheet with foil.
3. Place hard candies in a group-- we found that 3x3 made a nice roundish shape, or you could use about 2 rows of 3 or 4 to make a long, skinny one. We also found that butterscotch candies don't melt well, and that Life Savers worked best.
4. Carefully put the sheet in the oven and let them melt for 6-8 minutes.
5. When the candies are melted, remove from oven and immediately put a sucker stick in there, twisting it around a bit to get it covered in the sugars.
6. Let cool completely, then peel it off the foil.